My QB came with the 40x26, ended up moving it to my SH as i never bothered
shifting to the 26.  I now use a single 42, it may depend on your terrain,
but i can handle hills fine, and those i can't i just get off and walk,
it's not that big a deal.

i have a WI Dos FW 17/19, and even that i rarely switch.  a single-speed
changes your perspective, it's hard to understand coming from a multi-gear
bike.  i strongly suggest you get the bike rideable as soon as possible and
see what works for you.

i ride 42/17, i'm not the strongest rider but it works for me!

also concur with Tom, QB is my favorite bike in the bunch.