I should have mentioned that this light (as many of you no doubt know) has
a "shaped" rectangular beam that looks pretty ridiculous and is not
completely usable unless the light is mounted so that the beam is
horizontal, which was the impetus for the domed washer part of this
mounting.

Incidentally, this method can be adapted to use handlebar-mounted lights:
use the same setup, but put a fender washer, a small segment of sawed-off
handlebar, another fender washer, and a nylock nut on the bolt. You might
need to use a couple of spacers to get the first/inner fender washer to
clear the strut and p-clamp. Most handlebar-mount lights have round beams
(I think...), so it shouldn't matter if the mount is a little tilted from
horizontal. Might come in handy if you use the Planet Bike dynamo light.

James