Thanks Steve for those excellent drawings. I could not ask for more ?

Joe , Im honored that you would follow my example involving construction 
methods, ( actually it was Phil Palmer who showed me how paper mache can be 
a build material ) but  the main reasons I use paper mache is its a handy 
way of keeping younger students occupied,  (I have mostly 11 year olds) 
 and also its very cheep.  When I have more school money I`ll switch to 
fiber glass + resin. when Ive proved to the school I can get these kids 
making reliable machines they will dig deeper in the funding purse.
If I was to use paper mache on the Fox turret I would need a rigid type of 
material to form the  ovoid part where the two halves meet . maybe an inch 
wide piece of plywood, shaped to follow the arc, "is it called a chord ?",  
 
I know its circular and not ovoid but I still think a frying pan hacked at 
the ends is a simple enough idea, (better than a chip pan anyway).
Personally I would not feel confident in a US battle with a paper mache 
turret, I think American battles are more fierce than UK battles. There is 
only me that currently owns anything that I would consider "dangerous" in 
the UK . The fearful Mr Tang will blast a paper turret to destruction in 
the first 5 minutes of play.

Id like to see your progress when you make it. In my opinion every body 
should make their progress public, its a great motivator to others.

Neil R

-- 
-- 
You are currently subscribed to the "R/C Tank Combat" group.
To post a message, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe, send email to [email protected]
Visit the group at http://groups.google.com/group/rctankcombat

--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "R/C 
Tank Combat" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.


Reply via email to