"Schupbach ,Mr William" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>They may be unknown to the person cataloguing them, but that's more of
>a statement about the mind of the cataloguer than about the document.

This is a very good point.

>[no place]
The place certainly exists.

>[place unnamed]
I'm sure the place has a name, if we but knew it.

>[place not given]
At least this is the case.

>[no name]
The publisher probably has a name.

>[no publisher]
It it was published, it had a publisher.

>[publisher unnamed]
What makes you think the publisher had no name?

>[publisher not given]
Again, this is the case.

At least the last proposal in each case here is truthful, and superior
to the untruth of the RDA phrase as pointed out by this poster, but
still not good enough to justify reinventing this particular wheel.

   __       __   J. McRee (Mac) Elrod ([EMAIL PROTECTED])