J H Bowman said:

>I understand that there will no longer be a
>primary/secondary access point distinction, which
>makes we wonder what will be in Part B too!

Ummm.  Without such a distinction, how is one to make added and
subject entries for works?   Create bibliographies?  Generate hitlists
under subjects and series in OPACs?  How are citations, footnotes, and
endnotes to be created?

We've already departed from legal citation practice by making Jones
prime access for Smith's Torts 15th ed. by Jim Jones.

While attempting to cosy up to the metadata community, are we not
abandoning the legal and scholarly ones?

   __       __   J. McRee (Mac) Elrod ([EMAIL PROTECTED])