Actually, "too early to tell" and "I'd wait a year until it is clearer
what the Library of Congress will do about implementing RDA before ponying
up my first $325."

You _should_ become aware of the main differences that RDA poses.  You can
do that by  looking at some of the documents at
http://www.rda-jsc.org/rda.html.  If you have a lot of time on your hands,
you can look at the July 2008 draft of RDA and the responses.  Since the
national libraries will not be comparing their responses to the testing
period until early next year, you have some time.  While you can implement
RDA when it is published in June 2010, I cannot imagine LC implementing it
until late spring of 2011.  In the meantime, others will be developing
training materials that may be helpful if not definitive.

--
Laurence S. Creider
Special Collections Librarian