I have to agree with Jenn on the practicality of not dealing with aggregates
for sound recordings.  There are plenty or recordings that have no unifying
purpose, and where the constituent works are unrelated (except, say, that
they fill the 72 minutes of space on a CD gracefully.)

However, there are some aggregations where the works are collected together
for a purpose with some unifying characteristics, like operas, "concept
albums", peces like Holst's Planets, or recordings of works all taken from
one manuscript (Eton choirbook, Codex Specialnik, or what have you), and
where you might legitimately want access to the consituent parts as well as
the whole.

Is there/Could there be a "contained in" relation that connects parts to
wholes?

--
Adger Williams
Colgate University Library