From: Mike Tribby [mailto:mike.tri...@quality-books.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 02, 2011 8:43 AM
To: RDA-L@LISTSERV.LAC-BAC.GC.CA
Subject: Re: [RDA-L] Subjective Judgements in RDA 300s????

>While NYPL would like to politicize it,

An alleged initiative to which you are contributing by replying in this manner.

As to whether patrons care whether illustrations are in color or in black and
white, in my experience lots of public and school library patrons do care about
that, and probably find that information somewhat more useful than the number
of pages devoted to "bibliographical references,"* a term which I doubt most
patrons understand any better than the frightful "col. ill." or "etc."

Purely conjecture on my part. I'll stop now before I further "politicize" this
thread.

Mike Tribby
Senior Cataloger
Quality Books Inc.