I'm wondering whether it would be desirable to encode the FRBR category terms in a separate subfield, rather than include them in the same subfield ($i) as the type of relationship.  This would allow suppression of the FRBR terms from public displays, if desired, while still allowing for behind-the-scenes manipulation of this information, if included in the heading.

Liz O'Keefe

it would be possible to encode the FRBR category in a separate subfield, rather than in the $i. For situations where a subfield $i rather than a delimiter is used to indicate a relationshipRDA relationships for which there is no

Elizabeth O'Keefe
Director of Collection Information Systems
The Morgan Library & Museum
225 Madison Avenue
New York, NY  10016-3405

TEL: 212 590-0380
FAX: 212-768-5680
NET: eoke...@themorgan.org

Visit CORSAIR, the Library’s comprehensive collections catalog, now on
the web at
http://corsair.themorgan.org

>>> "Kuhagen, Judith" <j...@loc.gov> 3/17/2011 12:23 PM >>>
And, of course, I meant second indicator, not second delimiter.

Apologies, Judy