I am fairly new to the cataloguing world  so I may be lacking in understanding,
but it seems to me that the full capabilities of the FRBR model will not be
realised until we move away from flat databases to something that will cater
for the full hierarchical structure of FRBR. Until (or if) that happens, the
W-E-M-I model will not have a great impact on how we catalogue, and may
therefore not make much difference to the end user in the short term.

Nicky

Nicky Ransom
Data Quality Manager & Cataloguer
The Library

University for the Creative Arts
Falkner Road
Farnham
Surrey GU9 7DS

Tel: 01252 892739
nran...@ucreative.ac.uk

www.ucreative.ac.uk

One of Europe's leading arts and design institutions, the University for the
Creative Arts builds on a proud tradition of creative arts education spanning
150 years. Our campuses at Canterbury, Epsom, Farnham, Maidstone and Rochester
are home to more than 7,000 students from more than 70 countries studying on
courses in art, design, architecture, media and communications.