On 08/04/2011 16:37, Brenndorfer, Thomas wrote:
<snip>
RDA would call those "Derivative Works" under the "Related Work" element.
LibraryThing calls them "Related Movies".

Neither RDA nor LibraryThing calls them the same work.
</snip>

So, what is this record? http://www.librarything.com/work/2264 Is it a
superwork? And when I click on the Related Movies
http://www.librarything.com/commonknowledge/search.php?q=The+Scarlet+Letter&f=37&exact=1,
 all of the information seems to be only in the record for the Work (or
superwork) and I get nothing when I click on the movies, except I see that
record for the Norton critical edition as a different work.

That's why I don't understand what the work is here.

James Weinheimer  j.weinhei...@aur.edu
First Thus: http://catalogingmatters.blogspot.com/
Cooperative Cataloging Rules: http://sites.google.com/site/opencatalogingrules/