The resource being cataloging has this manifestation:

Dr. Snoopy's advice to pet owners / by Dr. Snoopy ; illustrations by Charles M. Schulz.

The author of it is clearly stated in both the title and the statement of responsibility as Dr. Snoopy. This is the usage that we have to work with. In RDA, it matters not that Dr. Snoopy is fictitious:

        9.0  Purpose and scope.

        Persons include fictitious entities.

Given the usage that we have, we then apply the instructions in RDA.

9.2.2.1 The preferred name for the person is the name or form of name chosen as the basis for the authorized access point representing that person.

9.2.2.2 Determine the preferred name for a person from the following sources (in order of preference):

a) the preferred sources of information (see 2.2.2 rdalink) in resources associated with the person

b) other formal statements appearing in resources associated with the person

c) other sources (including reference sources).

9.2.2.3 In general, choose the name by which the person is commonly known as the preferred name for that person. The name chosen may be the persons real name, pseudonym, title of nobility, nickname, initials, or other appellation.

The appellation for this person is "Dr. Snoopy". Now you have to figure out which of the following instructions in RDA apply, 9.2.2.9.3, 9.2.2.18, 9.2.2.22, or 9.2.2.23:

9.2.2.9.3  Persons Known by a Surname Only

If the name by which a person is known consists of a surname only, treat the word or phrase associated with the name in resources associated with the person or in reference sources as an integral part of the name.

        Deidier, abbe
        Read, Miss
        Seuss, Dr.
        Nichols, Grandma

9.2.2.18 General Guidelines on Recording Names Containing Neither a Surname nor a Title of Nobility

Record a name that does not include a surname and that is borne by a person who is not identified by a title of nobility applying the general guidelines on recording names given under 8.5.

        Charles
        Nelly
        Riverbend

Record as the first element the part of the name under which the person is listed in reference sources. In case of doubt, record the last part of the name as the first element, applying the instructions given under 9.2.2.9.2.

Include as an integral part of the name any words or phrases denoting place of origin, domicile, occupation, or other characteristics that are commonly associated with the name in resources associated with the person or in reference sources. Precede such words or phrases by a comma.

        Paul, the Deacon
        Eric, the Red
        Rafa, el Tuerto
        Judah, ha-Levi
        Chayim, the Priest, of Hebron
        Iolo, Goch
        Feofan, Grek

9.2.2.22  General Guidelines on Recording Names Consisting of a Phrase

Record a name consisting of:

a) a phrase or appellation that does not contain a forename

or

b) a phrase that consists of a forename or forenames preceded by words other than a term of address or a title of position or office
applying the general guidelines on recording names given under 8.5.

Record the name in direct order.

        Dr. X
        Mother Hen
        Every Other Dad
        Sister Friend
        Poor Old No. 3
        Buckskin Bill
        Boy George
        Little Richard
        Miss Piggy
        Happy Harry
        Special Ed
        D.J. Jazzy Jeff

9.2.2.23 Phrase Consisting of a Forename or Forenames Preceded by a Term of Address, Etc.

Record a phrase consisting of a forename preceded by a term of address (e.g., a word indicating relationship) or a title of position or office (e.g., a professional appellation) applying the general guidelines on recording names given under 8.5.

Record the forename as the first element. Record words or phrases denoting place of origin, domicile, occupation, or other characteristics that are commonly associated with the name applying the instructions given under 9.2.2.18.

        Jemima, Aunt
        Claire, Tante
        Sam, Cousin
        Fez, Uncle
        Robert, Chef
        Vittoria, Signora

I believe that "Snoopy" is a forename rather than a surname. I would assert that "Dr." is a term of address (specifically, a professional title).* Therefore, I believe that 9.2.2.22b) is excluded and that 9.2.2.23 applies and the name would be recorded as Snoopy, Dr. (authorized access point in MARC 21: 100 0_ $a Snoopy, $c Dr.). The abbreviated form is used because that is what the person uses in his name.

* "The American system of address is generally described as a choice between first names and Mr./Mrs./Miss/Ms. with last names. In a job situation, occupational titles such as doctor and professor, are also possible." -- Appropriateness in Terms of Address, http://exchanges.state.gov/media/oelp/teaching-pragmatics/takenoya-revised.pdf

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Adam L. Schiff
Principal Cataloger
University of Washington Libraries