Am 02.03.2012 09:18, schrieb James Weinheimer:

I would like to announce that I just made a new Cataloging Matters
Podcast, no. 14: "Musings on the Linked Data Diagram".

http://blog.jweinheimer.net/2012/03/cataloging-matters-podcast-no-14.html

Now this piece is highly welcome and really deserves all the attention
it can get, given the high esteem currently placed on "Linked
Data", plus the fact that it has been prominently placed in the
"Bibliographic Framework" arena.

Linked data originating from libraries have been made available some
time ago, from several projects. Are there any reports as to their
utility, their actual usage, and the quality and advantages of using
them? After reading your statement, "Do I believe that the problems of
libraries will be solved by making our metadata/catalog records
available through linked data? No",  one can't help thinking that it
is another case of unfounded promises and expectations. Surely there
have been a few attempts to make use of those data. Where are the
reports on the results and experience gained? Or is the big killer app
just about to be released, kept top secret up until now? If so, it might
be more appropriate to quote "Julius Caesar" than "Hamlet":

   There is a tide in the affairs of men which,
   taken at the flood, leads on to fortune,
   omitted, all the voyage of your life
   is bound in shallows and in miseries.

and our particular flood now, to take or omit, is Linked Data.
And what is the present opinion in the BibFrame context? Is there now
some kind of experimentation stage or not yet?

B.Eversberg