From: Resource Description and Access / Resource Description and Access
[mailto:RDA-L@LISTSERV.LAC-BAC.GC.CA] On Behalf Of Kadri, Carolyn J
Sent: Monday, July 16, 2012 12:16 PM
To: RDA-L@LISTSERV.LAC-BAC.GC.CA
Subject: Re: [RDA-L] 260 vs 264 fields

Also, even though OCLC has given permission to use the 264 now, the advice I am
getting from OCLC is that it might be better to postpone using it until more
clarification is available to those of us out in the trenches about how it is
to be applied. I am not sure where that clarification of application will come
from (possibly the PCC?).  Accordingly, I am not using 264 in RDA records until
I understand its application better and I can do that because we are not a PCC
library. I invite dissenting opinions.

Carolyn Kadri
Head Cataloger
Special Collections Cataloger