I would hope that if the initialism is spelled out somewhere, that, at
least, a xref is created, if not the main entry for the body.  I don't
think using initialisms for corporate bodies is going to help the patron.
After all, sir, "Just waht is the WWIC????," the patron might ask.

--
Gene Fieg
Cataloger/Serials Librarian

Claremont School of Theology and Claremont Lincoln University do not
represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any of the information
or content contained in this forwarded email.  The forwarded email is that
of the original sender and does not represent the views of Claremont School
of Theology or Claremont Lincoln University.  It has been forwarded as a
courtesy for information only.