"If a noun or noun phrase occurs with a statement of responsibility, treat
the noun or noun phrase as part of the statement of responsibility."

I would consider that such a noun or noun phrase should be something
closely related to the statement of responsibility. That means that they
can not be separated semantically. The noun or noun phrase is a part of the
statement of responsibility. Without it, the meaning of the statement would
not be complete.

The case mentioned is a kind of loose. The noun, "a novel", could be in a
subtitle. In such a situation, I would consider a solution that would
benefit patrons more.

Thanks.
Joan

--