On August 16, John Hostage wrote :

Subject headings are a specialized area because they are so language dependent.
 The Bibliotheque nationale de France has developed RAMEAU
(http://www.bnf.fr/en/professionals/anx_cataloging_indexing/a.subject_reference_systems.html

<http://www.bnf.fr/en/professionals/anx_cataloging_indexing/a.subject_reference_systems.html>
 ), which I think was based on LCSH.

RAMEAU was actually based on the Répertoire de vedettes-matière developed by
Université Laval in Quebec and which is itself adapted in part from LCSH.

Sources: http://rameau.bnf.fr/informations/convention.htm;
https://rvmweb.bibl.ulaval.ca/a-propos.

Daniel Paradis

Bibliothécaire

Direction du traitement documentaire des collections patrimoniales

Bibliothèque et Archives nationales du Québec

2275, rue Holt

Montréal (Québec) H2G 3H1

Téléphone : 514 873-1101, poste 3721

Télécopieur : 514 873-7296