Heidrun Wiesenmüller asked regarding serial records:

 What are your feelings about first vs. latest issue
- which advantages and disadvantages do you see? If you were free to
choose, i.e. if there was no existing data to consider, and if we assume
(for the sake of the argument) that both methods were equally well
suited for the sharing of data: Which method would you prefer? And also:
Would you see it as a problem if the German library community were to
stick to its practice of 'latest issue' when moving to RDA?

Although I understand the logic of first issue, I agree with Germany's logic
that the latest issue is the current valid information so should be the basis
of cataloging. "Current" records when cataloged can become out of date over
time but the record [assuming it is in a cloud] could be updated as needed over
time and benefit everyone with little effort.

Mary L. Mastraccio
ALA-ALCTS-CaMMS Past-Chair
Cataloging & Authorities Manager
MARCIVE, Inc.