Proposals for new designators may be made through the American Library Association's representative to the Joint Steering Committee [for U.S. libraries]. The Program for Cooperative Cataloging is asking its members to submit proposals for new designators to the chair of the PCC Standing Committee on Standards, and then the committee will review them and forward them on to the appropriate JSC representative. But for non-PCC members in the U.S., you should make suggestions/proposals to the JSC's ALA-rep, John Attig (jx...@psu.edu).

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Adam L. Schiff
Principal Cataloger
University of Washington Libraries