Freta said:

>The LC-PCC-PS was recently updated to indicate that the requirement was to =
>infer the date of publication from the copyright date and bracket it, but i=
>t no longer says to record the copyright date.  Therefore, following this p=
>ractice, one would have a bracketed date in the 264 1, but not record a 264=
> 3 with the copyright date.

Field 264  3 $a$b$c is manufacturer.  Copyright date is 264  4 $c.

We find the same date twice (264  1 and 264 4, Date 2 and Date 2) to
be redundant and confusing, so are please with the policy decision to
omit 264  4 $c if the same year as 264  1 $c, and to omit Date 2 if
the same as Date one, and code "s".