Julie,
    We have been doing Mac's option 1 (don't display 33x fields, do
generate an icon, based on fixed field values), and it seems quite
satisfactory.  We're an Innovative library.  The icons appear on browse
summary screens to the side of the record, and, on full-display in the top
right corner, after the title.  It seems to work.

--
Adger Williams
Colgate University Library