From: Resource Description and Access / Resource Description and Access
[mailto:RDA-L@LISTSERV.LAC-BAC.GC.CA] On Behalf Of D. Brooking
Sent: Monday, February 04, 2013 9:51 AM
To: RDA-L@LISTSERV.LAC-BAC.GC.CA
Subject: Re: [RDA-L] German cataloging rules "RAK"

I also understood Heidrun's proposed project in the same way that Ed did.
As a reader and a cataloger, I would be very interested in not just a
translation of RAK into English, but a larger consideration of (past) German
cataloging practice interpreted for a non-German audience. I think it would be
very worthwhile, not just for historical purposes. It may be harder to move
into a shared, international future if we don't understand our various pasts.

Ich wuerde sogar gerne damit helfen. :-)

Diana Brooking             (206) 685-0389
Cataloging Librarian       (206) 685-8782 fax
Suzzallo Library           dbroo...@u.washington.edu
University of Washington
Box 352900
Seattle WA  98195-2900