The general core statement for statement of responsibility at 2.4 says:

Statement of responsibility relating to title proper is a core element. Other
statements of responsibility are optional.

The core statement for statement of responsibility relating to title proper at
2.4.2 says:

If more than one statement of responsibility relating to title proper appears
on the source of information, only the first recorded is required.

So in your example, only the first statement (the five authors) is required as
core. And because that statement lists more than three names, under the option
at 2.4.1.5 this could be abbreviated to only one name with an explanation of
what was left out, although I should think it wasn't overburdensome to list
five names.

Bob

Robert L. Maxwell
Head, Special Collections and Formats Catalog Dept.
6728 Harold B. Lee Library
Brigham Young University
Provo, UT 84602
(801)422-5568

"We should set an example for all the world, rather than confine ourselves to
the course which has been heretofore pursued"--Eliza R. Snow, 1842.