Deborah Fritz said:

>But Mac, what is the point of offering to change spelled out forms of words
>to abbreviations and remove 33X fields to make RDA records backwards
>compatible with AACR records when OCLC is intending to run machine
>conversions to do the reverse and spell out abbreviations and add 33X fields
>to make AACR records compatible with RDA records?

What is in OCLC is irrelevant to many libraries.  What is relevant is
what is in their databases, and what their ILS can accommodate.

This is the worst possible time economically for libraries to have to
incur expense to change their ILSs.  Many lack the inhouse IT skills
to download and use one of the freeware ILSs.

We will of course be loading unchanged RDA records to OCLC, for those
clients who have us load, regardless of what is sent the client.