Hi Jay,

I’m not sure if this is really what you’re looking for, but I’ll share my
checklist for deriving an RDA record from AACR2 copy.  It’s *not* intended to
be exhaustive, just some things that I tend to forget when deriving from AACR2
copy.  The checklist lives on our internal wiki, which is restricted to GSU
library staff, but I’m pasting the current version below my signature.  I don’t
know if the links will work from this email, so if you would like a Word
version just let me know.

If anyone has improvements or corrections to my checklist, I’d appreciate them.

Best,
Susan

Susan C. Wynne
Cataloging & Metadata Librarian
Georgia State University
100 Decatur Street SE
Atlanta, GA 30303
404-413-2729
Checklist For Deriving RDA Records From AACR2
________________________________
This is not an exhaustive list of changes that may be required when deriving an
RDA record from AACR2 copy.

  *   Change Desc to i
  *   Add 040 ‡e rda
  *   Add 040 ‡b eng if not present
  *   Add relationship designators to 1XX and/or 7XX, if you can readily locate
an appropriate term in RDA Appendix I or J.
  *   Replace Latin abbreviations if present
  *   Edition statement should be transcribed as it appears on the source of
information
  *   Change 260 to 264 & add correct 2nd indicator

     *   MARC documentation for
264<http://www.loc.gov/marc/bibliographic/bd264.html>

  *   Adjust date(s) as needed in 264 and/or fixed field
  *   Add 264 2nd indicator 4 for copyright date if needed
  *   Spell out the following words in 300: pages, color, illustrations,
portraits...
  *   Add 33X fields
  *   Numbering of series or serials should be recorded in the form in which it
appears on the source of information
  *   In some cases, square brackets that were needed under AACR2 may need to
be removed in an RDA record. Generally speaking, most core, manifestation-level
elements only need to be bracketed if the information is taken from a source
outside the resource itself. See RDA 2.2.4.
Non-print formats
It is recommended to repeat sound, projection, video or digital file
characteristics from 300 ‡b/ 538/500 in the appropriate 34X field(s). See the
MARC documentation for guidance:

  *   344 Sound
Characteristics<http://www.loc.gov/marc/bibliographic/bd344.html>
  *   345 Projection Characteristics of Moving
Image<http://www.loc.gov/marc/bibliographic/bd345.html>
  *   346 Video
Characteristics<http://www.loc.gov/marc/bibliographic/bd346.html>
  *   347 Digital File