Some time ago, I pointed out to PSD that the example in the Appendix you cite is not in line with the example elsewhere in LC-PCC PS 6.27.3:

700 12  $a Macken, JoAnn Early, $d 1953- $t Mail carrier.
700 12  $a Macken, JoAnn Early, $d 1953- $t Mail carrier. $l Spanish.

It looks like they haven't reconciled these two examples.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Adam L. Schiff
Principal Cataloger
University of Washington Libraries