I think many catalogers feel that since the copyright date is present on the resource, they should record it even if they've given an inferred publication date in 264 _1 $c. And some libraries have made it a local core element. If it is present, I always record it.

Adam Schiff

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Adam L. Schiff
Principal Cataloger