It's confusing because the writer(s) of RDA had to write not just in
librarianese, but philosophical librarianese.

I find an awful lot of this kind of writing as an editor for a journal.
When I have to read some of these articles, I go absolutely mad.  Mad, I
tell you.  MAD.

--
Gene Fieg
Cataloger/Serials Librarian

Claremont School of Theology and Claremont Lincoln University do not
represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any of the information
or content contained in this forwarded email.  The forwarded email is that
of the original sender and does not represent the views of Claremont School
of Theology or Claremont Lincoln University.  It has been forwarded as a
courtesy for information only.