From: Resource Description and Access / Resource Description and Access
[mailto:RDA-L@LISTSERV.LAC-BAC.GC.CA] On Behalf Of Heidrun Wiesenmüller
Sent: Thursday, August 08, 2013 5:55 AM
To: RDA-L@LISTSERV.LAC-BAC.GC.CA
Subject: [RDA-L] Capitalization in 2.9.4.4

It beats me why the examples in 2.9.4.4 (and other similar rules, e.g.
2.10.4.4) are all capitalized, e.g.:
Distributed by New York Graphic Society
Sold by Longman

I cannot find any justification for this in appendix A. It's certainly not
mentioned among the elements where the first word must always be
capitalized.

Corresponding examples in the ISBD consolidated (4.2.5) aren't capitalized,
e.g.:
distributed by Harvard University Press
to be sold by Jas. Gardner

So, is there something I've overlooked, or is this a mistake in RDA?

Heidrun

--
Prof. Heidrun Wiesenmueller M.A.