In a collaboration such as this, it is important to know the actual layout
of the title page. Could you scan and attach, or replicate it as closely as
possible?

Without seeing the layout and actual wording, I would say:

-          both Tony and Jill should be added as Creators  (19.2.1.1) since
it appears that he is listed on the title page in a way that indicates that
he collaborated in the creation of the work

-          we need to know the layout to determine principal responsibility
(6.27.1.3); if there is no indication of principal responsibility, and Tony
is listed first, then I would make him the Creator in the Authorized Access
Point (AAP) for the work-he "gets the Guernsey"

This continues our previous AACR practice of not making a judgment call on
responsibility, but going by what is 'indicated' on the source of
information. There was an excellent LCRI that helped with this, but I don't
think it made it over as an LC-PCC PS, as far as I can see.

The issue of whether the illustrator is also a collaborator (as 'artist') or
'just the illustrator', is another topic altogether; and still unresolved,
at least in my mind.

Hope this helps,

Deborah

Deborah Fritz