Lynne,

If there isn't a good match, just don't record a relationship designator. Or if you can determine that a new designator is needed and what that would be, submit one for the JSC to consider (via the web form on the PCC website if you are a PCC library, or to the Cataloging Committee: Description and Access (CC:DA) of ALA). But in either case, don't agonize over this and spend an inordinate amount of time.

Adam Schiff

On Tue, 29 Oct 2013, Lynne LaBare, Senior Librarian/Cataloger wrote:

Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 11:12:19 -0600
From: "Lynne LaBare, Senior Librarian/Cataloger" <lyn...@provolibrary.com>
To: RDA-L@LISTSERV.LAC-BAC.GC.CA
Subject: [RDA-L] Appropriate Relationship Designator

Colleagues,

Would you please inform me what the appropriate relationship designator would be for the following based on the 245 field below?

245 10 |a Natural History Museum book of animal records : ?b thousands of amazing facts and unbelievable feats / |c Mark Carwardine.

The Natural History Museum holds the copyright. I have reviewed Sections 6.18-19 and Appendix I in the RDA Toolkit for good examples and may be overlooking a "perfect match".

710 2  |a Natural History Museum (London, England), |e issuing body (?)

Thank you.

*Lynne J. LaBare
Senior Librarian, Cataloger
Provo Library at Academy Square
550 North University Avenue Provo, Utah 84601-1618
801.852.7672
801.852.6670 (fax)
Email: lyn...@provo.lib.ut.us <mailto:lyn...@provo.lib.ut.us>

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^