Mac said:

If the place is part of the corporate body name, obviously a
geographical qualifier is not needed for the name used as an entry.  If
removing that geographic name for a cross reference, should it not
then be a qualifier at the end of the shorter form of the name?

Exactly. And that's how our current practice is, i.e. we add a qualifier "(Germany)" or "(Austria)", respectively.

But I was amazed that this doesn't seem to be absolutely necessary under RDA. Personally, I see no reason for changing our practice in this respect, but other people may have different ideas.

Heidrun

--
Prof. Heidrun Wiesenmueller M.A.