I am not at all clear about how to treat abridgements under RDA.  Looking at
AACR2 21.9, which is the rule dealing with headings for abridgements, I am
directed to RDA 6.27.1.5, which is for adaptations and revisions.  The rule in
RDA essentially follows that in AACR2, but abridgements are not specifically
mentioned.  As I read the rule, I would still enter an abridgement under the
heading for the original expression, but I would like some confirmation of
this.  I had not noticed in discussions I have seen that the rules for
abridgement had significantly changed.

Michael S. Borries
Cataloger, City University of New York
151 East 25th Street, 5th Floor