Seth Huber said:

>Does anyone have any best practices with the home country rule from AACR2

While RDA allows you to give the first place only, you may also give
all places.  Giving all places would then include the home country.
That seems the best practice to me.

I never liked the home country rule, since it made descriptions
produced in different countries differ from each other, complicating
international exchange of records.  (Of course RDA's long English
language phrases create an even greater variation.)

In many ways, we find RDA to be one step forward, but several back.