On 02/05/2018 12:25 PM, Mr. Clif wrote:
+1 at home and production servers.

Also wrote this: https://eugenemakerspace.com/wiki/Sites/Rdiff-backup-delete

would be nice if that functionality could be folded back in to Rdiff-backup. :-)

     Clif Cox

I wrote a script that does that too. Calling it merely "ugly" would be doing an injustice
to all other ugly things in the world, but it works as long as there is no long_filename_data in
the archive. The script resides among all the other ugly scripts I wrote to audit the rdiff-backup
archive and clean up the stuff that rdiff-backup mishandles. And then there's the script I wrote to
get rid of the over 4 million unnecessary "zero diff" files in my archive. That cleanup
is part of my nightly backup routine now.

Yes, what has been released as "rdiff-backup" is stagnant and has its faults,
but nothing else comes close to doing what it does. so it goes on. I'm not looking
forward to the day when Python 2 falls by the wayside and drags all things dependent on
it down too.

                Do NOT delete it.