Hi,

after updating my Ubuntu to 20.10, I have rdiff-backup 2.0.5 now.

There is a curious issue when using the fish console. It has a powerful
autocompletion feature, both regarding file paths and command options.

We can hit

fish_update_completions

and then the files containing the command completions (suggestions like
--list-increment-size, --no-fsync) are being generated from the man pages.

But then, fish hits a snag. The completion file generated that way is
truncated:

david@nitro ~/.l/s/f/generated_completions> cat rdiff-backup.fish
# rdiff-backup
# Autogenerated from man page /usr/share/man/man1/rdiff-backup.1.gz
complete -c rdiff-backup -l allow-duplicate-timestamps --description
'This option is only to be used if you encounter the issue of metadata
mirrors…'

Did man page change in any way that fish_update_completions cannot
parse? Other man pages are parsed correctly, and fish generates a file
with all the options.

With the best regards,

David