Hello All,

On Tue, Mar 23, 2021 at 06:56:23AM +0100, Eric Lavarde wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I can't help but I created the next issue, for someone to take, and
> document/fix the build process:
>
> https://github.com/rdiff-backup/rdiff-backup-fs/issues/4
>
> The MR from Arrigo is also merged, not knowing if it really helps, as nobody
> built the code :-/

Now it should build after this:
https://github.com/rdiff-backup/rdiff-backup-fs/pull/5

As I wrote in the PR message, it may be a better idea to merge
Debian's patches into the code instead of mine. They seem to have been
written by people who know Autotools (I don't) and add support for
kFreeBSD, that could be a Good Thing. So feel free to reject my PR and
do better ;-)

Please understand I am just hacking away this, just because the
"C-only problem" label tempted me. I do not have resources to spend
into this (not for 30 USD ;-), but I will be available to guide anyone
interested, if you think my contribution could be useful.

> On 23/03/2021 00:24, griffin tucker wrote:
> > i forgot, i also ran:
> >
> > cp README.md README
> > automake --add-missing
> >
> > before i ran autoreconf --install

This could also be clarified by reading the Debian patches and package
script.

An unrequested comment: there source code files I have seen do not
seem to carry any information about the license. It may be worth
another PR? I am not a lawyer, but I know for sure that the Apache
License requires a note to be inserted into each and every file.

Indicating the license would probably be necessary, before integrating
the Debian patches.

Best regards,
--
Arrigo