Looks really nice.
My implementation has a trade-off with wxpython, that it's cross platform
and native looking. But native looks kinda boring today. Unlike Minarca.

You might want to take a look at BackupFriendPi, because it lets you just
flash and boot a raspberrypi/server with rdiffweb, ready to use,
automatically mounts external drives and automatically updates using docker.
I personally got stuck setting up the server because of the specific
environment.

I am not sure how to fully join forces yet, but I think it could make
rdiffweb more accessible to people.

BTW two feature requests I got were encryption and no history, only
rsync-like behavior.
I wonder if building something that handles multiple backends might be a
more general solution (as much as I like rdiff-backup).

Guy