Hi there,
I'm quite new to compiled Programming languages and
as can be read here my problems occured previously.
However I dind't manage to install the Kit properly.
I modyfied the boost::random source, copied the log files as described and was also able to do the two "bjam" commands as described in the wiki.
I put the boost_1_34_1 Dir and the RDKit Dir into /opt.

Variables are set to:

export RDBASE=/opt/RDKit
export RDOPTFLAGS='-03'
export RDF77LIB=gfortran
export PYTHON_VERSION=2.5
export PYTHON_ROOT=/usr/lib
export GCCVERSION=$(gcc -dumpversion) # It's version 4.1
export BOOSTBASE=boost_1_34_1
export BOOSTHOME=/opt
export BOOST_BUILD_PATH=$BOOSTHOME/boost_1_34_1
export PYTHONPATH=/opt/RDKit/PYTHON:$PYTHONPATH
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/RDKit/bin:LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Now when I cd to /opt/RDKit/Code and run bjam as read in the "New build system" section, I get the following output:

r...@akb-16:/opt/RDKit/Code# bjam
Building Boost.Regex with the optional Unicode/ICU support disabled.
Please refer to the Boost.Regex documentation for more information
(don't panic: this is a strictly optional feature).
warning: No toolsets are configured.
warning: Configuring default toolset "gcc".
warning: If the default is wrong, you may not be able to build C++ programs.
warning: Use the "--toolset=xxxxx" option to override our guess.
warning: For more configuration options, please consult
warning: http://boost.org/boost-build2/doc/html/bbv2/advanced/configuration.html
error: Unable to find file or target named
error:     '/boost/log//boost_log'
error: referred from project at
error:     '.'

r...@akb-16:/opt/RDKit/Code#

As i did not really understand this boost,bjam,ect-thing I can't tell what is wrong, but I guess I need some parameter-flags here...
...the question is which flags??? :-)
When I run make, I get the message:

r...@akb-16:/opt/RDKit/Code# make
make --directory=RDGeneral install;
make[1]: Entering directory `/opt/RDKit/Code/RDGeneral'
g++ -O3 -I/opt/include/boost_1_34_1 -I/opt/RDKit/Code -c -o Invariant.o Invariant.cpp
In file included from Invariant.h:16,
                 from Invariant.cpp:8:
/opt/RDKit/Code/RDGeneral/RDLog.h:11:29: error: boost/log/log.hpp: No such file or directory /opt/RDKit/Code/RDGeneral/RDLog.h:12: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before ?(? token
make[1]: *** [Invariant.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/opt/RDKit/Code/RDGeneral'
make: *** [libs] Error 2
r...@akb-16:/opt/RDKit/Code# make

By the way: OS is Ubuntu 7.10 32bit

Any help very appreciated,