One thing we could fairly easily set up is a "companion" CMakeLists.txt for
a sample C++ project that builds a test project against a built
distribution.  It could prove useful as a basis for building C++ extensions.

Basically we would hedge our bets and just link against everything :)

Cheers,
 Brian