Hi,

Is it possible to do a minimization in mmFF in context of two
small-molecules or a single small molecule and sidechains from a binding
pocket? From what I gather, I have two options:

1) Make a single RWMol object with the ligand and all residues from the
binding pocket, then run mmFF on the combine molecule. The steps would look
like this
   -use combineMols() for all residues
   -use mmFF on the complex

2) Use a hacked version of MCS from here:
http://rdkit.blogspot.com/2013/12/using-allchemconstrainedembed.html

Is there a better way of doing this? I am using the C++ api.

Steven Combs