On Wed, Sep 14, 2016 at 4:16 AM, Guillaume GODIN <
guillaume.go...@firmenich.com> wrote:

> Your solution is perfect!
>

> glad it worked

> I am currently implementing this article "http://www.mdpi.com/1420-
> 3049/20/10/18279" using RDKit.

Interesting, I hadn't seen that one.

> It's now almost done, I need to check the results on Heat of Formation now
> and understand why my code to get Angle in torsions is not working.
>
> def Angles(mol):
>     tors = mol.GetSubstructMatches(Chem.MolFromSmarts('[C]-[C;O;S]-[C;
> O;S]-[C]'))
>     conf = mol.GetConformer()
>     A60=0
>     A90=0
>     A102=0
>     for tor in tors:
>         Angle = abs(AllChem.GetDihedralDeg(conf,tor[0], tor[1], tor[2],
> tor[3]))
>         if Angle<=60:
>             A60+=1
>         elif Angle>60 and Angle<=90:
>             A90+=1
>         elif Angle>90 and Angle<=102:
>             A102+=1
>     return (A60,A90,A102)
>
> Comparing to the publication on Heat of Formation page 18294, I have to
> much more occurences (ie. a factor of 50-100 more then expected).

I suspect that the problem is that the SMARTS you
specify: '[C]-[C;O;S]-[C;O;S]-[C]' won't actually match anything. [C;O;S]
means 'aliphatic C AND aliphatic O AND aliphatic S'. It think you like mean
'[C,O,S]', which is 'aliphatic C OR aliphatic O OR aliphatic S'.
You might also want to think about whether or not you should replace C, O,
S (all of which only match aliphatic elements) with #6, #8, #16 (which can
match aliphatic or aromatic) throughout the SMARTS

> When it will be done I will share the code with you guys.

Cool, I look forward to trying that out.