On 2017-06-09 08:12, Alexis Parenty wrote:
Dear Greg and Brian,
Many thanks for your response. I was also thinking of your streaming approach! I think the RAM of most machine would deal with lists of 100K mol so we could put the threshold higher than 1000. Actually, I was thinking to monitor the available RAM and only start processing the matrix and clearing the list when less than 20% of RAM is left. This way, the best machines could skip the clearing process and gain time. What do you think?

Take $100, buy a 200GB SSD, set it up as the swap space, don't worry about the RAM.

Dima