From: "Per Jr. Greisen" <pgrei...@gmail.com>
Date: Sunday 6 August 2017 at 19:55
To: RDKit <rdkit-discuss@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: [Rdkit-discuss] adding fragment to existing molecule

Hi all,

I am trying to add a fragment to an existing molecule using RDkit - I start by
generating the desired molecules I would like to combine:

oh = '[OH-]'
ohh = Chem.MolFromSmiles(oh)
oh = Chem.AddHs(ohh)
oh.SetProp("_Name","OH-")
AllChem.EmbedMolecule(oh, AllChem.ETKDG())

smiles_ = 'CCCCC'
m = Chem.MolFromSmiles(smiles_)
m_h = Chem.AddHs(vxm)
m_h.SetProp("_Name","XP")
AllChem.EmbedMolecule(m_h, AllChem.ETKDG())

I combine them which works fine:

combo = Chem.CombineMols(m_h,oh)

and I can add the bond between the desired atoms:

edcombo = Chem.EditableMol(combo)

edcombo.AddBond(3,1,order=Chem.rdchem.BondType.SINGLE)
back = edcombo.GetMol()

The problems arises when I want to edit the geometry between the two :

from rdkit.Chem import rdMolTransforms as rdmt
conf = back.GetConformer(0)

rdmt.SetBondLength(conf,3,43,10)

writer3 = Chem.SDWriter('out_long.sdf')
writer3.write(back,confId=0)

RuntimeError                              Traceback (most recent call last)

<ipython-input-193-36d3c0480a45> in <module>()

      2 conf = back.GetConformer(0)

      3

----> 4 rdmt.SetBondLength(conf,3,43,10)

      5

      6 writer3 = Chem.SDWriter('out_long.sdf')

RuntimeError: Pre-condition Violation

        RingInfo not initialized

        Violation occurred on line 66 in file Code/GraphMol/RingInfo.cpp

        Failed Expression: df_init

        RDKIT: 2017.03.3

        BOOST: 1_56

So I am not sure how fix - thanks in advance

--
With kind regards

Per