On Sep 22, 2017, at 14:26, Kramer, Christian <christian.kra...@roche.com> wrote:
> thanks for pointing this out. The reason for that error message is that
> signal.SIGPIPE is not available under windows. This seems to have slipped
> below our radar, since we developed the code on Linux.

And Mac. :)

It put that code there so something like:

   mmpdb smicat csd.mmpdb | head

cleanly stops when the output pipe is closed, rather than give a SIGPIPE error.

If Python programs under Windows raises a different exception in that case, let
us know and we'll update the patch for that.

Cheers,

                                Andrew
                                da...@dalkescientific.com