Hi Jordan,

Sorry this is frustrating. This is, unfortunately, connected to the problem
I posted about here:
https://www.mail-archive.com/rdkit-discuss@lists.sourceforge.net/msg07315.html

At the time I thought that only the Mac (and possibly linux) was affected,
but thanks to your warning I've just verified that this also is a problem
on Windows.

The solution for you is to "downgrade" to conda version 4.3.25.
You can do this by :
- making sure the default conda environment is active by typing
"deactivate" at the command prompt
- conda install conda=4.3.25                   <- grabs the older version
of conda
- conda env remove -n my-rdkit-env       <- this is the environment you
created, it's easiest to just start over
- conda create -n my-rdkit-env python=2.7 rdkit           <- should now
work to create an environment in one step

When you execute that last command, it will show the list of packages it's
going to install and prompt for whether or not you want to proceed. Please
check that the python version listed is 2.7.13-1.

Many apologies for the problems. This was a mistake by the anaconda team
and it's made a mess.

Best,
-greg