Dear Brian,

UFF is not used during MMFF94 minimization; I think you get that error from a command that you execute before the MMFF minimization, which uses UFF (my guess is that it happens when you call rdDistGeom.EmbedMolecule()).

Unfortunately, however, MMFF94 does not have parameters for boron, so even if UFF succeded, MMFF94 would fail optimizing your molecule:

>>> from rdkit import Chem
>>> from rdkit.Chem import rdForceFieldHelpers
>>> mol = Chem.MolFromSmiles('[BH3]')
>>> rdForceFieldHelpers.MMFFHasAllMoleculeParams(mol)
False

Kind regards,
Paolo