Hello everyone,

I was working with molecules generated from fragment and I saw a molecule not right, here is the smiles :
'CC1(C)CC(N)CC(C)(C)[NH2+2]1[O-]'
I tried to 'clean it' with Cleanup, Sanitize, molsvs or standardizer but I could not change the N with 5 bounds.

So, I also tried to create other molecule to see and you can do the same with this code in a notebook :
m = Chem.MolFromSmiles('CC1(C)CC(N)CC(C)(C)[NH15+15]1(CCC)')
m=Chem.AddHs(m)

It seems that there is no problem for RDKit if you add Hs to N with charge (if you try m = Chem.MolFromSmiles('CC1(C)CC(N)CC(C)(C)[NH15]1(CCC)') it won't work. Also, if you have less charge than H it won't work.

Any idea how to avoid that?
Rdkit version is 2017.09.3

--
*Colin Bournez*
PhD Student, Structural Bioinformatics & Chemoinformatics