Hi RDKitlers,

Recently, I had to cluster a large number of compounds and I took a shot at the Butina clustering. I modified the rdkits included Butina clustering to utilize the Bulk*Similarity functions and to use multiple python processes to calculate the distance matrix more quickly. Although these are very naive improvements, I'm able to read in ChEMBL, generate the Morgan fingerprints and cluster 1.3M compounds within 2 hours using 32 cores and 8G of RAM. I thought these modification might come in handy for other people doing the same kind of clustering directly within rdkit and I would like to share the code. Would be the rdkit contrib folder the right place for these kind of work?

Cheers,
Thomas