Hi,

I am also very interested in measures of ligand flexibility. There has been
a post about a new descriptor 3 days ago that might be more "descriptive"
than the largest number of contiguous rotatable bonds.

https://www.mail-archive.com/rdkit-discuss@lists.sourceforge.net/msg08196.html

best,
Thomas

On Tue, 28 Aug 2018 at 02:22, James T. Metz via Rdkit-discuss <
rdkit-discuss@lists.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> RDkit users,
>
>     Is there a RDkit descriptor (or code) to determine the largest number
> of contiguous
> rotatable bonds in a small molecule?
>
>     Hmmm... it seems likely that ligand conformational flexibility might be
> somehow related to the entropy component of ligand binding.  Has anyone
> made
> a plot of the experimental TdS term from calorimetry vs. any number of
> computational measures of ligand flexibility?  Any correlation?
>
>     Regards,
>     Jim Metz

Dr Thomas Evangelidis

Research Scientist

IOCB - Institute of Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry of the Czech Academy
of Sciences <https://www.uochb.cz/web/structure/31.html?lang=en>
Prague, Czech Republic
  &
CEITEC - Central European Institute of Technology <https://www.ceitec.eu/>